Parents often spend so much time focusing on what they believe their child needs that they forget they have needs of their own. It can be overwhelming when your child is making poor choices. It might feel like you are the only person who has ever faced these challenges. It is common to experience blame, shame, guilt and ask yourself questions like, What did I do wrong? You are not alone, and we can help you develop new ways to cope with the ups and downs, no matter how old your child is.
"Does the following sound like your son or daughter?"
- suspicious behavior
- lowered GPA
- less interested in family activities
- drastic changes in appearance
- frequent curfew violations
- isolating and/or secretive
- rebellion or defiance towards authority figures
- disciplinary action from school
- irritable and/or depressed
- spends more or less time sleeping
- argumentative and uncooperative
- mysterious telephone calls or text messaging
- legal troubles
- suicide threats or attempts
- rude behavior
- I have a gut feeling something bad is going on with my child
Don't neglect yourself!
Click Here for our free online assessment and in a few minutes find out what you can do to help things get back on track.
Click Here for additional parent education resources offered by Vin'Ash.